passing ros parameters to nodes

Nishant Kejriwal

Jan 13, 2014, 4:59:21 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys,

How can I pass ros param file to a node? Or i have to add every parameter in addParam structure.

Also Can I pass a .yaml file of parameters to a node?

Kindly reply.

Thanks
Nishant

Dominique Hunziker

Jan 13, 2014, 5:04:49 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com
Have a look at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rapyuta/-6lrhg2jd4I

As for passing a file to a node: The only way would be to pass the
content of the file as an argument or parameter.

Nishant Kejriwal

Jan 13, 2014, 5:26:22 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com
In case of addparam structure , what does rosAddr corresponds to ? Is it node name ?
Like in case of slam_gmapping/odom_frame, odom_frame is parameter and slam_gmapping in node.
{
  "containerTag":"containerTag01",
  "name":"parameterName/rosAddr",
  "value":"pValue",
}

Kindly help.

Thanks

Dominique Hunziker

Jan 13, 2014, 5:32:30 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com
I guess this is an unfortunate example. The '/' is not necessary; it just means that "name" is the id used to identify the parameter in Rapyuta (ie "parameterName") as well as used as ROS name (or address) in the parameter server (ie "rosAddr").

Nishant Kejriwal

Jan 13, 2014, 5:40:10 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com
Ohhhhk...got it .:)