Rapyuta installation on ROS Indigo

maddukuri chowdhary

Nov 2, 2016, 11:53:08 AM11/2/16
to rapyuta
Dear Rapyuta Users&Developers,

I have a virtual machine installed with Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS trusty x86-bit OS. The virtual machine is equipped (here the word 'equipped' refers to installed) with ROS Indigo package which is compatible with the Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS trusty x86/x64-bit OS.

Has anyone tried installing Rapyuta with respect to ROS Indigo?

So far, I stopped the installation process especially during the Installation Step 3. "Setup container filesystem". Becuase, Ubuntu release which is existing on my virtual machine doesn't match with the following provided Ubuntu releases for the sub step 'Deploy in the container' (not sure what this sub step refers to?).

Enter the Ubuntu release to deploy in the container.
0 -> precise (12.04 LTS)
1 -> quantal (12.10)
2 -> raring (13.04)

Selection [0]:
Enter the ROS release to deploy in the container.
0 -> fuerte
1 -> groovy
2 -> hydro (experimental)

Selection [0]:

If i'm not mistaken, Rapyuta was originally developed for ROS fuerte version. This detail can be found from the website link (https://books.google.at/books?id=Nb4nDQAAQBAJ&pg=PT30&lpg=PT30&dq=Rapyuta+on+ROS+indigo&source=bl&ots=G6HVWLWnwF&sig=ic3XkINqQVqQGfXLFBH-SKz5Kbs&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE7OeprorQAhXJWBoKHTKgCHwQ6AEIQzAE#v=onepage&q=Rapyuta%20on%20ROS%20indigo&f=false).

If anyone of you have successfully installed Rapyuta on a virtual machine equipped with ROS Indigo package, please give me your invaluable guidance.

Best Regards,
Sriniwas Maddukuri
Researcher
Department of Robotics & Assistive Systems

Profactor GmbH
Im Stadtgut A2,
Steyr-Gleink, 4400-Austria

Private Mobile Number: +43(0) 660-779-4581

Office Telephone Number: +43(0) 7252885-307
Result_of_RCE_Installation_Steps_wrt_ROS_Indigo

crob...@gmail.com

May 7, 2019, 4:30:33 AM5/7/19
to rapyuta
Hello,
I have a similar question.
I am trying to install Rapyuta, but my current setting is Ubuntu 16.04 and ROS Kinetic.
Are there methods to install Rapyuta under this setting?
Many thanks.

在 2016年11月2日星期三 UTC+8下午11:53:08,maddukuri chowdhary写道: