Do rapyuta allow adding rosparam load yaml file in Communication Protocol or .cfg json

Yung Lam

Jan 13, 2014, 3:33:15 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com

In roslaunch, we can use <rosparam> tag to load yaml file for setting parameters to the ROS Parameter Server, however do rapyuta allow adding rosparam load yaml file in Communication Protocol or .cfg json?

Dominique Hunziker

Jan 13, 2014, 3:37:32 AM1/13/14
to Yung Lam, rap...@googlegroups.com
There is no one to one match from <rosparam> tag to Rapyuta's configuration files. However, you could add the parameters individually in the config file.

Yung Lam

Jan 13, 2014, 3:59:10 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com, Yung Lam
it is quite cumbersome to add long list of parameters in the config file, maybe I can write a script for calling roslauch for some node such as move_base which have <rosparam> tag

Dominique Hunziker於 2014年1月13日星期一UTC+8下午4時37分32秒寫道:

Dominique Hunziker

Jan 13, 2014, 4:46:25 AM1/13/14
to rap...@googlegroups.com
There are several ways on how to fix this issue:
- Have a node/script which runs in the cloud and just calls roslauch to add the parameters
- Have a script which parses the yaml file and converts it to json such that it can be added to Rapyuta's config file
- Extend the rce-ros client which accepts a path to a yaml file, parses it, and adds them to the cloud.