Breaking pandemic news --> We are 100% certain that MichaelE does **not** have COVID-19 today (12/14/23) ...

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Dec 14, 2023, 10:31:01 PM12/14/23
to raptur...@googlegroups.com
Michael Ejercito wrote:
> HeartDoc Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>> Michael Ejercito wrote:
>>
>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/LockdownSkepticism/comments/18hwsk1/smoking_decline_stalls_since_covid_as_more_young/
>>>

>>> Smoking decline stalls since Covid as more young people take up the
>>> habit - study
>>> 13th December 2023, 04:48 PST
>>>
>>> Share
>>> By Aurelia Foster
>>> Health reporter
>>> Getty Images Blonde woman smoking cigarette - stock photoGetty Images
>>> Young adults may have started smoking because of stress during the
>>> pandemic, researchers found
>>> A decades-long decline in smoking in England has nearly ground to a halt
>>> since the pandemic, a study suggests.
>>>
>>> The rate of decline slowed from 5.2% in the years before the pandemic to
>>> just 0.3% between April 2020 and August 2022, according to the research.
>>>
>>> The lead researcher said it was likely more young people were taking up
>>> smoking and "bold" action was needed.
>>>
>>> The government said it was taking "bold action" to make England
>>> smoke-free, including raising the legal age.
>>>
>>> Based on surveys with 101,960 adults representative of the population,
>>> researchers estimated 16.2% smoked in June 2017, falling to 15.1% by the
>>> start of the pandemic, in March 2020, but just 15% in August 2022, since
>>> when the the slower rate of decline has remained consistent.
>>>

>>> Office for National Statistics data also shows a year-on-year decline in
>>> smoking between 2000 and 2020.
>>>
>>> Anti-smoking efforts
>>> The study suggests a 120% rise in the proportion of people giving up,
>>> during the pandemic, and a 40% rise in the number of attempts to quit.
>>>
>>> But these were offset by a rise in the number of people taking up the
>>> habit, including an increase among 18- to 24-year-olds.
>>>
>>> In 2019, the government set a target for England to be "smoke-free" by 2030.
>>>
>>> But the researchers, from University College London (UCL), say this will
>>> be missed and are urging the government to "reignite" anti-smoking efforts.
>>>

>>> Social isolation
>>> Lead author Dr Sarah Jackson, of UCL's Institute of Epidemiology and
>>> Health Care, told BBC News the results suggested a "step change" in
>>> young people smoking, at the start of the pandemic.
>>>
>>> "It definitely does seem like progress in reducing the number of young
>>> adults taking up smoking has slowed down," she said.
>>>
>>> Researchers noted higher levels of stress and social isolation among
>>> younger adults during the pandemic.
>>>
>>> But Dr Jackson said others factors could also be to blame and warned
>>> against complacency.
>>>
>>> 'Uniquely lethal'
>>> "It's really concerning there has almost been the assumption that we
>>> have solved the problem of smoking among young people," she said.
>>>

>>> Young adults may start smoking because they believed e-cigarettes were
>>> equally bad for them, Dr Jackson said.

> [...]

Source:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/gJfXDeZSCfA/m/XCE5v-g4AQAJ

Positive control on USENET:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/7ixdk7t6Bk8/m/xpbS2z7QAAAJ

8:3) us to hunger, I note that you, Michael, are rapture ready (Luke
17:37 means no COVID just as eagles circling over their food have no
COVID) and pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6)
Father in Heaven continues to give us "much more" (Luke 11:13) Holy
Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have much more of His Help to
always say/write that we're "wonderfully hungry" in **all** ways
including especially caring to
http://WDJW.great-site.net/ConvinceItForward (John 15:12 as shown by
http://tinyurl.com/RapidOmicronTest ) with all glory (
http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD (aka HaShem, Elohim, Abba, DEO), in
the name (John 16:23) of LORD Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO !

Suggested further reading:
https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/5EWtT4CwCOg/m/QjNF57xRBAAJ

Shorter link:
http://bit.ly/StatCOVID-19Test

http://bit.ly/HeartDocAndrew touts hunger (Luke 6:21a) with all glory
( http://bit.ly/Psalm112_1 ) to GOD, Who causes us to hunger
(Deuteronomy 8:3) when He blesses us right now (Luke 6:21a) thereby
removing the http://WDJW.great-site.net/VAT from around the heart

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD