Add a contact from Rapportive?

dennisfaust

Mar 9, 2011, 12:29:51 PM3/9/11
to Raplet developer discussion list
I've read that you are considering extending the API to allow for more
control of the rapportive portions of the UX. One thing I'd like to be
able to do is to add a contact to my google contacts from Rapportive.
This would include the image if there is one. That way, the info will
eventually end up on my phone. I'd be happy to do the coding for this
but would need to be able to access more rapportive data. Thoughts?

Martin Kleppmann

Mar 9, 2011, 6:33:49 PM3/9/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com, dennisfaust
Hi Dennis,

We're launching a Google Contacts integration into private beta soon,
but that will give read-only access to your contacts for now. We're a
bit hesitant to change data in Google Contacts, because sync is well
known to be a hard problem, and we wouldn't want to risk messing up
users' contact data in the case of a bug.

However, I can see the value of the information syncing to your phone.
We're still working out what the API should look like for requesting
additional fields; I'll update when we have more news.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Kleppmann