Override avatar?

pb30

Feb 11, 2011, 11:30:00 AM2/11/11
to Raplet developer discussion list
Is there a way to override the gravatar for a user? Most of the
avatars for my contacts just display the default, but my custom/
internal raplet could provide an image for nearly all of them.

Martin Kleppmann

Feb 11, 2011, 1:10:11 PM2/11/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid right now, overriding the
image isn't supported by the API, but I can see how that would be very
useful. If we're going to allow overriding of the image, we'd probably
want to allow raplets to override or add to any other part of the
sidebar as well, and we're thinking about an API extension to support
that.

For now, of course you can show a photo in the raplet's section by
including it in the raplet HTML response. I understand that's not
ideal, but will it do for now?

Best,
Martin

--