Upcoming changes to Google Chrome

Martin Kleppmann

Sep 5, 2011, 6:53:58 AM9/5/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raplet Authors,

A change to Google Chrome in version 14 means that any raplets not hosted on an https address cause large warnings to appear above Gmail and, worse, force the user to make a scary decision and reload their Gmail. I've attached a screenshot showing how invasive the warning is.

If you're currently hosting a raplet on a normal http:// address, please consider providing an https endpoint: https raplets are not affected by the changes to Chrome. In the future, we may require https of all raplets that are listed in the official Raplet gallery.

Now is the perfect time to make the transition to https, as Chrome 14 is already on the Chrome Beta channel and affecting early adopter users. Let us know if you have any questions about this issue.

Kind regards,
Martin

gmail-warning.png