Use Google App Engine to host your Raplet (or 'Hello World' Raplet using Python!)

Rutwick

Mar 1, 2011, 2:20:33 PM3/1/11
to Raplet developer discussion list
Hey guys,

These days I've been writing a lots of Python code for GAE, and this
was the outcome of a little experiment that I tried... Hope someone
finds it useful !

http://blog.rutwick.com/use-google-app-engine-to-host-your-rapportive-raplet

Thanks,
Rutwick

Rutwick

Mar 1, 2011, 2:23:02 PM3/1/11
to Raplet developer discussion list
You can also check out my trial Raplet which is hosted on GAE. Here's
the url: http://www.myrapletisongae.appspot.com It just displays a
simple message.

Thanks,
Rutwick
> http://blog.rutwick.com/use-google-app-engine-to-host-your-rapportive...
>
> Thanks,
> Rutwick

John McLaughlin

Mar 1, 2011, 3:19:26 PM3/1/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com
I host my tenderapp raplet on google appengine also -- it makes a good platform for raplets.....

-John

> Thanks,
> Rutwick

amiworks inc.

Mar 1, 2011, 11:36:44 PM3/1/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,
Truly a very good platform! Plus the benefits such as 99.99% uptime, datastore, memcache, mail service, user service are also available at your disposal !
But does the click/view limit for gae apps affect Raplets?

John McLaughlin

Mar 2, 2011, 1:56:21 AM3/2/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com
My raplet is fairly low volume -- I use it and from logs I know there are a few other folks using it so I am significantly below the GAE limits.

I suppose if you had a very popular raplet you could bump up against them though... The nice thing is that the raplet would just go 'offline' as you hit your limit and then start working again the next day (and I suppose with that many users you could find a way to monetize it)

-John

amiworks inc.

Mar 2, 2011, 10:38:11 AM3/2/11
to raple...@googlegroups.com
That's a good trick. Or you could just register a new app, and ask users to put in the new id in the url.

-Rutwick