SHARE YOUR IDEAS ON HOW YOU CAN APPROACH THE FOLLOWING SCENARIO (URGENT)

dannette opot

Aug 6, 2015, 5:03:15 AM8/6/15
to rapi...@googlegroups.com
PROBLEM STATEMENT (URGENT)

I work with a University in the US that works in West AFrica. We want to use two way SMS but based from the US. Is this possible using RapidSMS.

MY TAKE
_________

A mobile user in the US sends a text to a SIM Card attached to a RapidSMS Server based in Kenya  via Clickatell SMPP API. The RapidSMS Server  again via Clickatell  SMPP API sends another message to West Africa after processing the initial SMS from US. A person now in West Africa reads and responds to the SMS query from the Kenyan  RapidSMS Server sending his reply using the ame SMPP API. The RapidSMS Server processes his reply and sends a feedback to the US based initial sender.

Advise if Clickatell or any other API's you know can do this. can achieve this scenario.

YOUR HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Best,

Danet Opot.

Moses Katembu

Aug 10, 2015, 2:43:40 AM8/10/15
to rapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

If I were to Implement the system, this what I would do:
1. User in USA: Instead of sending SMS to Kenya number, I would prefer the user just to log into RapidSMS  System and create outgoing message and probably assign the country the SMS should be sent to.
2. In west Africa. I will have android phone server installed SMSsync or Telerivet. This will check the Kenya server for any new SMS that has not been sent and sent out. Users in West africa will Reply to the Number attached to the Android phone. SMSsync/Telerivet inturn push the incoming SMS to Kenya Server as reply to the original SMS.User in USA can check response on RapidSMS interface.

According to me this will keep cost down since SMS will be charged at  per country local rates.

Am open to criticism and further suggestion.

Regards,
Moses

github: katembu
twitter: mkatembu