Setting Priority On message

Kenneth Matovu

Jul 11, 2013, 3:24:11 AM7/11/13
to rapidsms-dev
Hi guys,

I am wondering whether a functionality where I can flag messages with priority flag that kannel can understand is implemented in the core rapidsms.

If not please help point me to how I can go about this

thanks
Kenneth

Martin Atukunda

Jul 11, 2013, 4:06:06 AM7/11/13
to rapids...@googlegroups.com, Kenneth Matovu
Hi,

if using kannel as the backend, then you could use kannel's sendsms. AFAIK it
supports the setting of the priority variable ( or X-Kannel-Priority in the
headers)

- Martin -

ass...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2013, 4:16:11 AM7/11/13
to rapids...@googlegroups.com, Kenneth Matovu

2013/7/11 Martin Atukunda <mat...@gmail.com>
AFAIK

This functionality is part of the uganda rapidsms-httprouter, there is a field "priority" on the Message model. The priority the message can be appended to the kannel sendsms URL and kannel will deal with the prioritization of the messages in its queue.

Note: in kannel, message priority can be set between 0 (lowest priority) to 3 (highest priority).

--
Alfred.

Kenneth Matovu

Jul 11, 2013, 4:21:41 AM7/11/13