ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'django.urls'

Cliff Kabele Toge

Feb 7, 2019, 6:25:25 AM2/7/19
to RapidSMS Developers
after all installation is done, i try to migrate and i get this error message with a lot of tracebacks.

I've spent a few days trying to check and reinstall, and nothing seems to happen.

How do i get this solved please?

Vinod Kurup

Feb 7, 2019, 9:02:39 AM2/7/19
to rapids...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I believe this error occurs because you are using Django 2.0 (or above), which RapidSMS does not yet support. See this post for more explanation about the error message: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47711703/modulenotfounderror-no-module-named-django-urls

I have been working on adding Django 2+ support to RapidSMS, which I hope to complete soon: https://github.com/rapidsms/rapidsms/pull/490

In the meantime, you will have to downgrade your version of Django to 1.11.

Best wishes,

Vinod

Cliff Kabele Toge

Feb 7, 2019, 7:38:32 PM2/7/19