Integrating Tropo with RapidSMS

Rudolph Pereira

Nov 12, 2013, 12:11:34 PM11/12/13
to rapids...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am working on building a application using RapidSMS and Tropo. I created a WebAPI app on tropo and got my developer phone number.

I am trying to receive messages into RapidSMS from tropo. I can see Tropo forwarding the message to http://tranquil-river-3418.herokuapp.com/tropo (my RapidSMS app) in tropo logs. But RapisSMS is not showing the message and also not responding to tropo.

I followed all the steps outlined at http://docs.rapidsms.org/en/develop/tutorial/tutorial04.html

I am not sure what I have missed.

Can anyone with experience on Tropo and RapidSMS guide me.

Thank you.

Victor Miclovich A. K.

Nov 12, 2013, 12:47:20 PM11/12/13
to rapids...@googlegroups.com
the tutorial has some proper guides; what errors did you get? Are you registered in the US as well??

Victor Miclovich A. K.

Nov 12, 2013, 12:54:59 PM11/12/13
to rapids...@googlegroups.com
Can you make sure the backend (suppose you triggered it on localhost) is actually responding. Also, you could check some other logs in the system (locally) for some more input as to why you are not receiving the messages.

Rudolph Pereira

Nov 27, 2013, 12:03:20 AM11/27/13
to rapids...@googlegroups.com
I have fixed the issue. The problem was I had to put a trailing slash '/' in the end of the URL I had give in tropo. That is 'http://tranquil-river-3418.herokuapp.com/tropo/'