how far can the android sms gateway go?

Adam Preston

Nov 17, 2020, 11:20:55 AM11/17/20
to rapidpro

do you have any guidance on how many messages an android sms gateway can support. I have a project in guinea where there is go good sms gateway option and was thinking to just use the android sms gateway (or a couple of them)

Nic Pottier

Nov 17, 2020, 11:29:06 AM11/17/20
to Adam Preston, rapidpro
It is really hard to give any concrete guidance there. Some have had reasonably good success with it but we generally only recommend it for pilot projects. At its best, each device will only be able to send a few hundred messages an hour, but that really depends on all the stars aligning.

Depending on what your project is doing and who you are targeting I would maybe encourage you to see whether you could use WhatsApp instead.

Nic