RapidPro Webhooks In Local Area Network

borom...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2021, 6:32:11 PM6/22/21
to rapidpro-dev
Hi all,

I have been experiencing some issues with setting up rapidpro to accept local ip address. The rapidpro server is sitting behind a company firewall with a bunch of other servers that we use. The goal was to use rapidpro to call webooks to other servers within the network. I have gone as far as to ask the network admin setup local domain names that rapidpro seems to accept but when webhook is called all i get is a connection error with a status 0.

I am able to send curl request from the server hosting rapidpro to the other servers and this works fine. I feel like there may be something I am missing and any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Boroma

Rowan Seymour

Jun 22, 2021, 7:32:24 PM6/22/21
to borom...@gmail.com, rapidpro-dev
We intentionally block webhook requests to local networks because that's an easy way for users to start snooping around your network. There is a mailroom setting that controls this which defaults to:

You could remove a network from that list that you want to allow access to but proceed with caution if you allow anyone to signup on your RapidPro instance.

-Rowan

Rowan Seymour | +593 979099233 | @rowanseymour