Linux Installer for RapidFTR

Subhas Dandapani

Sep 9, 2014, 3:21:50 AM9/9/14
to rapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Run:
vagrant up linux-dev

This will boot up a Vagrant VM, install Docker, download and export RapidFTR image as a tar.gz file. It will also copy all the DEB dependencies that can be used to install Docker offline in Ubuntu 14.04.

Once the vagrant machine is run, an "artifacts" folder is created with the RapidFTR image and the DEBs. Now you can run "./install.sh" to install RapidFTR using those artifacts.

For testing purposes, I have added another Vagrant image. This image automatically has Internet disabled, so it will simulate Offline access.

Run (after generating the artifacts as said above):
vagrant up linux-test

And then inside this VM, you'll be able to run "./install.sh" and test the installer.

TL;DR - Running Vagrant will generate all the artifacts. For Windows, I'm also planning to use Vagrant 1.6's Windows support to generate the Windows installers as well.

- Subhas

Tumwebaze Charles

Sep 9, 2014, 3:42:59 AM9/9/14
to rapi...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!!!

Regards,
Charles Tumwebaze
P.O.Box 35294 Kampala Uganda | Email: ctumw...@gmail.com
Mob: +256 773 356153, +256 712 513893 | Skype Id: ctumwebaze

Tom Clement Oketch

Sep 9, 2014, 3:45:01 AM9/9/14
to rapi...@googlegroups.com
Great job Subhas. Will be looking at this shortly
--
Tom Clement OketchConsultant
ThoughtWorks

Raymond Matovu