Android Repo Renamed!

Tom Clement Oketch

Aug 12, 2014, 9:29:30 AM8/12/14
to rapi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

This morning we realised that the RapidFTR Android repo had been renamed from rapidftr/RapidFTR---Android to rapidftr/RapidFTR-Android (single hyphen). Interestingly this was not by our choosing but from the looks of things could have been the result of a GitHub bug/error. This is because renaming a repo usually retains the old URLs and automatically redirects them to the new name - but in this case, the redirection is not happening.

The renaming inevitably caused some problems with our CIs (both Snap and Travis reported failures). However, we find that the new name bestowed upon us is more likeable and makes more sense, which is why we have decided to keep it. We have thus decided to update our CIs as well as any other documentation/wikis that had references to the old repo name, and are tracking this here. In the meantime, it is advisable that you update your local git remotes to the new repo name to be able to track and/or pull changes.

In case of any related challenges, please voice your concerns and we'll try to address them in due course.

Cheers,
Tom