Accessing the DOM of SVG

Arun Kumar

Aug 28, 2016, 7:48:49 PM8/28/16
to Raphaël
Hi Team,

I'm trying to develop an open source online electronic schematic app (https://github.com/arunkumar413/Online-EDA) for which I'm creating parts in an SVG image format and I would like to interactively embed them in a canvas. But the challenge is to access the SVG DOM for interconnecting different parts. Is it possible to reference the various parts with reference to a co-ordinate system using Raphael and also access the SVG DOM of various components?

Your help and thoughts in this regard would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Arun

Ian B

Aug 29, 2016, 3:47:35 AM8/29/16
to raph...@googlegroups.com
Its not quite clear from your description whether Raph would be suitable. You can't use existing SVGs, but you can create your own from scratch. Its also not clear what you mean by referencing them from a coordinate system. It sound like Snap would be a better match if you don't need old browser compatibility