Why is Anti-Semitism increasing?

rebecca curtis

Jun 17, 2024, 9:09:32 AMJun 17
to William Alanson White Psychoanalytic Program, IARPP Membership Listerv, SPR Colleagues, Rapaport-Klein Study Group, DIV39...@lists.apa.org, SEPI Member Listserv list
The only time in my life I ever heard a comment that might be anti-semitic as in NYC by some with a British father who had a PHD from Cambridge and made a fortune on Wall St.  The way I am understanding this is from the research showing that whites in the south did more lynchings as the price of cotton went down.  ARe hate feelings towards black also increasing.  I think the migrant issue has other causes--like when the services fo 911 calls went down in NYC (i was on hold 45 min) due to tax money going elsewhere.  But I am really puzzlied about anti-semitism and would like to hear your opinions.  Thank you.  I am aware that many Jews seem to think that they have experienced anti-Jewish sentiments by others when this has not actually been the case, but may have been in some circumstances.  This sentiment of beleived  prejudice  may have happened with me as a woman, too.

Mailing address: 3613 Bayview Rd., Coconut Grove, Fl (US) 33133.  Phone and Facetime are  917-836-1239.  Landline that does not receive texts is 786-616-8947.

I am on a large number of lists that send out large quantities of emails each day, so I MAY MISS YOUR EMAIL.  Email me again or call.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Coleman Curtis, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita of Psychology, Adelphi University & Faculty, WA White Institute

Editor (Belonging Through  Psychoanalytic Lens).  New York: Routledge.

Editor (with B. Willock & I. Sapountzis) (2019). On Knowing and Being Known.  New York: Routledge.

Author "Desire, Self, Mind and the Psychotherapies:  Unifying Psychological Science and Psychoanalysis" Jason Aronson   Goethe Award Finalist 2009, William James Award Nominee