meag...@aol.com

Apr 25, 2024, 4:11:39 PMApr 25
to Rapaport-Klein Study Group
Dear All:
I have terribly sad news. Our long time member and my dear friend died early this morning.
Morris

meag...@aol.com

Apr 25, 2024, 5:38:19 PMApr 25
to Rapaport-Klein Study Group
    Dear All:
Obviously, I was so disorganized by the terrible event that I did not mention that it was Dave who died.

Morris

Danielle Knafo

Apr 25, 2024, 5:42:04 PMApr 25
to meag...@aol.com, Rapaport-Klein Study Group
OMG! That’s so sad, Morris.
I know how close the two of you were for so many years.
My heartfelt condolences.
There are way too many losses of late.
May their memories be a blessing. 🙏🏼
Danielle

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 25, 2024, at 5:38 PM, 'meag...@aol.com' via Rapaport-Klein <rapapor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

    Dear All:
Obviously, I was so disorganized by the terrible event that I did not mention that it was Dave who died.

Morris

Deborah L Browning

Apr 25, 2024, 6:00:54 PMApr 25
to Danielle Knafo, meag...@aol.com, Rapaport-Klein Study Group
I am in a kind of disbelief -- David always seemed young to me -- something about his perpetual openness to new ideas. Dave was my first supervisor in the clinical doctoral program at NYU in 1976  --- and then my final supervisor in my psychoanalytic training at NYU in  2012. In between he accepted my collection of my husband's collected papers into Psych Issues.  What impressed me most, I think about David in my second supervision, was his openness to my approach to my patient, which did not exactly fit a classic Freudian model. As I might tell him this or that which I might have said, David was able to describe research literature that was consistent with what I was doing, helping me put my work into a larger data-based context. The breadth of his knowledge was remarkable.

My condolences to Morris-- clearly such a dear friend, and April.   best,  Deborah

Mauricio Cortina

Apr 25, 2024, 7:20:57 PMApr 25
to deborah....@nyu.edu, Danielle Knafo, meag...@aol.com, Rapaport-Klein Study Group
my condolences too. I know you and David were close fiend and collaborators in many projects.
Mauricio

--
Confidentiality Statement - The contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof.  Thank you.

Christopher Christian

Apr 25, 2024, 8:39:05 PMApr 25
to meag...@aol.com, Rapaport-Klein Study Group
Dear Morris -

I am so sorry to hear this. I know he was a dear friend to you. I feel grateful I had the opportunity to meet Dave. We would occasionally run into each other in the elevator at the New School. He was truly a gentleman and a scholar - always engaged and curious and a warm human being.

My deepest condolences to you and to his family. He will be deeply missed.

Chris

Christopher Christian, PhD
Training and Supervising Analyst, IPTAR
65 Trumbull Street, New Haven, CT 06510

Editor, PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOLOGY
(Official Journal of Division 39, Published by Educational Publishing Foundation of the APA)