Fwd: [DIV39ANNANDREF-DIVISION] Fwd: New WHO Guidelines Exclude Psychodynamic Therapy - Sign Petition Now!

rebecca curtis

Jun 17, 2024, 7:58:15 AMJun 17
to William Alanson White Psychoanalytic Program, Rapaport-Klein Study Group, SPR Colleagues, IARPP Membership Listerv, SEPI Member Listserv list

Mailing address: 3613 Bayview Rd., Coconut Grove, Fl (US) 33133.  Phone and Facetime are  917-836-1239.  Landline that does not receive texts is 786-616-8947.

I am on a large number of lists that send out large quantities of emails each day, so I MAY MISS YOUR EMAIL.  Email me again or call.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Coleman Curtis, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita of Psychology, Adelphi University & Faculty, WA White Institute

Editor (Belonging Through  Psychoanalytic Lens).  New York: Routledge.

Editor (with B. Willock & I. Sapountzis) (2019). On Knowing and Being Known.  New York: Routledge.

Author "Desire, Self, Mind and the Psychotherapies:  Unifying Psychological Science and Psychoanalysis" Jason Aronson   Goethe Award Finalist 2009, William James Award Nominee

From: Linda Michaels, PsiAN <linda.m...@psian.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 12:07 PM
To: Kirk Schneider <kschne...@gmail.com>

Help preserve access to psychodynamic therapy

Dear Kirk,

Here is a petition from Psychotherapy Action Network (PsiAN) to the World Health Organization (WHO). The WHO has published new treatment guidelines, which omit psychodynamic therapy, and this neither aligns with the evidence base nor with what many patients want.

By signing the petition, folks will be joining the more than 9,300 (!!!) therapists, researchers, administrators, users of therapy and others who have already signed.

Please share with your organizations and networks, and encourage your colleagues to sign.

The petition can be signed by individuals and organizations - so also ask your organization’s Board or leadership to sign on.

The WHO needs feedback from all of us who want to preserve access to evidence-based care.

Thank you!
Linda

Psychotherapy Action Network
645 North Michigan Avenue Suite 803
Chicago, Illinois 60611-5123

www.psian.org

Copyright © 2024 Psychotherapy Action Network, All rights reserved.

Facebook X Website YouTube
This email was sent to kschne...@gmail.com. Click here to unsubscribe.

--
Kirk Schneider, Ph.D., Newest Book: Life-Enhancing Anxiety: Key to a Sane World; New YouTube Channel: Corps of Depth Healers; 2022 Candidate for President of the American Psychological Association (APA);  Adjunct Faculty, Saybrook University and Teachers College, Columbia University; President of the Existential-Humanistic Institute: ehinstitute.org;. Visit kirkjschneider.com;  https://twitter.com/kschneider56

Click on this link to unsubscribe from the DIV39ANNANDREF list UNSUBSCRIBE

An email will automatically open with "Unsubscribe" in the subject area. Just Send the message, as is, to unsubscribe from this list.