Our values? Liberty, equality, fraternity or not?

rebecca curtis

May 5, 2024, 5:07:10 PMMay 5
to William Alanson White Psychoanalytic Program, IARPP Membership Listerv, SPR Colleagues, SEPI Member Listserv list, Rapaport-Klein Study Group, DIV39...@lists.apa.org
What are our values?
We have a history of Western Civilization.   It is one of law and dating back to Hammurabi, through the Jews, the Romans.  Other cultures also have this tradition.  What do you think of it? Please respond.  We believe in compassion, as mental health professionals. I have heard mental health professionals in Morocco, Portugal express similar concerns.
I can not sleep well at night. I do. I have had a concussion, but maybe I. can stil, think well.
You may think that I am crazy, drunk or supid. I had  this throughout my life. I don't think  so, but perhaps you do.
Please respond.  I am very concerned about the state of the world.
I will just add  another note. I had a dream last night about Henry Kisssinger.
What? I am concerned, [erheaps about the disorder in the world and he wrote a book I have not read, called "World Order."
Reflections? Critical or otherwise?
Thank you.

Mailing address: 3613 Bayview Rd., Coconut Grove, Fl (US) 3133.  Phone and Facetime are  917-836-1239.  Landline that does not receive texts is 786-616-8947.

I am on a large number of lists that send out large quantities of emails each day, so I MAY MISS YOUR EMAIL.  Email me again or call.

Sincerely,
Rebecca Coleman Curtis, Ph.D.
Professor Emerita of Psychology, Adelphi University & Faculty, WA White Institute

Editor (Belonging Through  Psychoanalytic Lens).  New York: Routledge.

Editor (with B. Willock & I. Sapountzis) (2019). On Knowing and Being Known.  New York: Routledge.

Author "Desire, Self, Mind and the Psychotherapies:  Unifying Psychological Science and Psychoanalysis" Jason Aronson   Goethe Award Finalist 2009 William James Award Nominee

www.adelphi.edu (faculty profiles)