rApache server hangs after some time

Anirudh Mathukumilli

Sep 9, 2015, 10:42:11 PM9/9/15
to rapache
I have an rApache server set up in the cloud (on IBM's bluemix, specifically) running on Red Hat Enterprise linux. When I start the server up, all of the requests work beautifully. There are no issues. However, if I wait just 10 minutes, the server seems to stop responding. GET requests still work, but POST requests do not go through to the server. The error_log shows these messages in the traceback:

'/usr/sbin/httpd -D FOREGROUND'
mod_apreq{version stuff} configured  -- resuming normal operations
No slotmem from  mod_heartmonitor
Generating secret for digest authentication

What's going on?

I'm new to Apache, so any help would be appreciated.