The only way to properly search for the year of your pre-1975 Gibson serial number is to select the location of the number and the style in which it's applied first, then I can direct you to the correct lookup table. This is the most accurate way to date a vintage Gibson guitar.
(Scroll down to start, then click the picture that best represents your guitar in each section)
If your Gibson flat top acoustic has a paper label serial number beginning with "A", please contact me.
The FON system typically has a letter to indicate the year it was made, a batch number, and also a red pencil rack position number.
This is the most helpful serial number range for dating a 1950s Les Paul guitar. I collect Gibson guitars from the 1950s but especially the Les Paul guitars. Please contact me if you're considering selling a vintage Gibson guitar.
These serial numbers are typically found on the back of the headstock of Gibson guitars made from 1963 - 1969.
Note, these are just a starting point for identifying the year of manufacture.
If you would like more info about your vintage Gibson, please click here to contact me.
My name is John Shults. I am a Gibson guitar collector and owner of True Vintage Guitar. If you have a Gibson guitar made before 1975 that you are considering selling, please contact me today for a price quote, or more information.
True Vintage Guitar comes to you from Birmingham, AL. Want to sell Gibson or Fender? Have a questions about a vintage guitar? Click the red Contact Me button in the lower right corner of your browser. I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.
c80f0f1006