Rangy Serializer module not completely cross browser

Jeff Baker

Aug 29, 2013, 12:44:24 AM8/29/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

I realize after starting to use Rangy that the serializer module is not completely cross browser compatible in that serialized selections in WebKit browsers don't work in IE and vice versa.  And I realize that this is documented.  You have stated before that this is principally because of IE filtering out whitespace text nodes.

I was just wondering if you worked on making the serializer module work between WebKit browsers and IE.  If you had a version that you tried to to do this with I would love to work with it and see if it works for my project.  This seems to be the main feature missing from Rangy.  I have got selections to serialize and deserialize between Chrome, Firefox and iPhone.  But alas, not IE.

If you have any information on this please let me know.

Thank you,
Jeff

Jeff Baker

Aug 30, 2013, 7:55:56 PM8/30/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I also just realized that in IE 8 I am getting an error on deserializeRange.  Even though I can apply css to a selection using toggleSelection in IE 8 and I can get a serialized range with serializeSelection, when I try to deserializeRange I get the error "Should not be here!" from rangy-core.js on line 26.