a new bug with IE?[object expected]

max perea

Mar 27, 2013, 2:33:07 PM3/27/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I've had this herror with the latest version of rangy the IE  browser at it not works in last version of IE.But it works in other explorers like chrome or firefox. I do not understand that can be producing it, may be a bug in Rangy core?

More information:

Message: object expected
Line: 10
Character: 44414
Code: 0
URI: /rangy-core.js

Once again, thanks for your library!!

Tim Down

Mar 30, 2013, 1:21:29 PM3/30/13
to rangy
Hi Max,

What is your code that produces that error?

Thanks,
Tim

max perea

Apr 4, 2013, 10:29:38 AM4/4/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com, t...@timdown.co.uk
Hi Tim.
At the moment I have not the code by hand. But I can tell you that this error occurs when I use the Highlighter module, when I try to create a Highlighter. I tried with the older version of this module in case it was a mistake on my application, but with the old version of module and it seems to work. I think the error occurs when using highlightSelection. I will keep you informed.

Thank you very much for your work.

max perea

Jun 5, 2013, 2:30:31 PM6/5/13
to ra...@googlegroups.com, t...@timdown.co.uk
I found the error that just do not know if it's my problem.
The point is that the following code works for chrome, opera and firefox but not IE.

The problem is that I keep the text selceccion before opening a dialogue with jquery. Pressing the save button user should retrieve the selected text. This does not work well for IE.

the example of code:

savedSel = rangy.saveSelection();
$('#myDialog).dialog({
buttons: {