2022 Coulee Challange 1200K - Registration open

K Morical

Mar 16, 2022, 3:56:58 PM3/16/22
to Randonneurs USA
Perhaps as close as you can get to PBP in America.

Bill Gobie

Mar 16, 2022, 5:44:27 PM3/16/22
to Randonneurs USA
I just noticed that Google has been sending all of this group's email to my spam folder.

Bill

Stephen Wessel

Mar 16, 2022, 5:52:04 PM3/16/22
to gobie...@gmail.com, Randonneurs USA
It’s not google it’s your mail client configuration

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 5:44 PM Bill Gobie <gobie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just noticed that Google has been sending all of this group's email to my spam folder.

Bill

Bill Gobie

Mar 16, 2022, 6:09:06 PM3/16/22
to Stephen Wessel, Randonneurs USA
Gmail is my email client so it is Google. Looks like I will have to add a rule to not send this group's mail to spam.

Bill

Rob Hawks

Mar 16, 2022, 7:25:26 PM3/16/22
to Bill Gobie, Stephen Wessel, Randonneurs USA
Hi all,

Like Bill I use Gmail from Google. *Some* of the mail from this list has been shunted to the spam folder in my account, but not all of them. Ironically, Bill's message and Stephen's reply sailed right into my inbox.

I think Bill may be on to something, but I don't know what that is exactly. I have been finding that about 10% of the email from a certain RUSA board member sent to the Board email list (which as a Board member I have access to and should receive) is going to my spam folder. I use the function in the spam folder to signify the message is not spam, and yet subsequent messages from that sender are sometimes sent there.

It appears to be random enough right now to not be able to pinpoint the cause. Why some and not others? Don't know yet.

rob hawks

Stephen Wessel

Mar 16, 2022, 10:50:24 PM3/16/22
to Rob Hawks, Bill Gobie, Randonneurs USA
I was a consultant on many early day email deployments.  Today it’s even more complex with devices and os’s able to set spam limits.  The only work around is for me to always check what’s been sent to spam or junk mail.

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Mar 17, 2022, 12:10:53 AM3/17/22
to Rob Hawks, Bill Gobie, Stephen Wessel, Randonneurs USA
I had the same problem and have repeatedly hit the "not spam" button in hopes that Gmail will get "trained."

~ RR

Jeff Loomis

Mar 17, 2022, 1:11:11 AM3/17/22
to Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR, Rob Hawks, Bill Gobie, Stephen Wessel, Randonneurs USA
I also use gmail and have a filter set to send all mail from the RUSA list to a folder.  You can set up a filter in the gmail web client by going to one of the list messages and hitting the "..." menu, then choose "Filter messages like this".  This will create a filter for messages from the list specifically.  One of the options for the filter is to "never send to spam."

Eric Keller

Mar 17, 2022, 11:19:19 AM3/17/22
to Randonneurs USA
Gmail does get trained, but to solve this problem you're going to have
to filter the messages and select "never send to spam." The emails
they think are spam will get marked up but they will show up where you
want them. I always filter email lists into their own folder, but I
guess you can have a filter that does nothing other than indicating
your preference not to mark the emails as spam.

I think the problem for this list was all the 'bent light mount photos.
Eric Keller
Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/randonneurs-usa/CANPAd0x3FkOWt9hpzHNMNM6cofzoPLEBJ%2B2QsFhiGtnWYX7CBg%40mail.gmail.com.

Richard Stum ~ eoGEAR

Mar 17, 2022, 11:59:18 AM3/17/22
to Eric Keller, Randonneurs USA
I also filter such emails and overlooked that feature. Thanks for sharing Eric!
~ RR