ACP Randonneur 10,000, and Super 600k--the rules are changing

Kitty Goursolle

Sep 15, 2022, 2:08:01 PM9/15/22
to Randonneurs USA
If you were thinking of earning the ACP R-10,000 medal, here's a heads up.

What are the requirements for the ACP Randonneurs 10,000 award?
Complete at least 10,000 km of ACP brevets (NOT RUSA permanents)  including a Paris-Brest-Paris, another 1200k, two full ACP series of 200, 300, 400, 600, and 1000 km brevets, a Flèche team event, and an ACP 600k brevet with at least 8000m of climbing (or a Super Randonnée 600 before 10/31/2022) within a six-year period [details] [awardees].

Basically, you have a choice. By October 31, 2022, finish a Super 600k, with its 10,000 meters of climbing and 60 hours allowed for completion, or after that date, your only option is to find and complete an ACP 600k brevet with 8000 meters of climbing and  within 40 hours.

IMHO, It's much easier to finish a Super 600k with 10,000 meters in 60 hours, than finishing an ACP brevet with 8000 meters in 40 hours.

The clock is ticking if you wanted to use a Super 600k for your R-10,000.

Linh Nguyen

Sep 15, 2022, 2:16:48 PM9/15/22
to Kitty Goursolle, Randonneurs USA
Is that how you get a cup? Or another kind of bling.  I am riding for bling.

Regards,
Linh

On Sep 15, 2022, at 11:08 AM, Kitty Goursolle <kgour...@cv.k12.ca.us> wrote:

If you were thinking of earning the ACP R-10,000 medal, here's a heads up.

Dan Driscoll

Sep 15, 2022, 5:43:25 PM9/15/22
to Randonneurs USA, Kitty Goursolle
Nice Post, Kitty….. and I agree 100%

If you are planing to do PBP in 2023 and you’d like a Randonneur 10,000 Award from the ACP, get your SR 600 done before the clock runs out on 10/31/22. -OR- you did PBP 2019 and have not earned your Randonneur 10,000 Award, yet.

It’s not been confirmed, but with a six year window, maybe ride a couple SR 600kms, before the deadline and use the other one for your PBP 2037 ;=)

I’ve ridden 6 different SR 600’s so far this year, I’ve fallen in love with them, and plan to do one more before the deadline, if you’d like some help picking one, let me know.

I really enjoyed Kitty’s East Bay SR 600 earlier this year.

DanD

Dave Thompson

Sep 16, 2022, 5:20:08 AM9/16/22
to Linh Nguyen, Kitty Goursolle, Randonneurs USA
There's a nice bit of bling that comes from ACP - a medal - for the R10000.

Dave.

Jas Dembinski

Sep 16, 2022, 9:40:45 AM9/16/22
to Randonneurs USA

FYI, I rode with one other randonneur on the Lynn K SR 600k, Brad T., and without his support and camaraderie, I don't see how I could have done it.  Very best!

Dan Driscoll

Sep 16, 2022, 9:55:23 AM9/16/22
to Randonneurs USA
The current Bling is the ACP Randonneur 10,000 Award.

At some point RUSA may offer additional Bling for SR 600kms, I hope ;=)

I totally Agree with Jan. I’ve not done a single SR 600km alone. We did one as a group of two riders, but all of the other 10 with groups of 3 or more riders, which makes the experience so much more, in so many ways.

DanD

Jake Kassen

Sep 16, 2022, 10:47:31 AM9/16/22
to Dan Driscoll, Randonneurs USA

> The current Bling is the ACP Randonneur 10,000 Award.
>
> At some point RUSA may offer additional Bling for SR 600kms, I hope
> ;=)

I don't think anything is approved yet in this regard but the RUSA Dirt (Gravel) committee was discussing the possibility of some pretty sweet bling for riders who rack up the unpaved kilometers. :)

Jake