RUSA Board Elections

Chris Argo

Nov 10, 2022, 6:39:22 PM11/10/22
to Randonneurs USA

Greetings RUSA Members!

When the request for nominations for RUSA’s Board went out this fall, one of our Alabama Randonneurs contacted me and asked if I was willing to allow her to nominate me to serve on the board. I was deeply moved by her request and her confidence. After considering her request, I agreed to allow my name to stand for election to the RUSA Board. You can read my brief candidate statement on the Election Page. I encourage you to read through all of the candidate statements, carefully consider what everyone has to say and then vote by November 30th for two individuals that you are convinced will serve RUSA and the best interests of our great membership.

I have ridden with some of you and have supported many of you who have ridden in Alabama the last couple of years. I have thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship and friendship with everyone I have met. While you may certainly read my brief candidate statement on the Election Page, I have always found it difficult, in any organization and/or election, to get to know someone well enough to cast my vote for them in a few brief words and a single photo. I believe there are others in our membership who feel the same as I do. A few individuals have contacted me by email to ask some very thought-provoking questions about our organization and what specifically I would bring to the role as a board member.

Therefore, I have expanded on my candidate statement. I have attached the expanded PDF to this conversation. I would sincerely appreciate you taking the time to get to know me and discovering what I would bring to the RUSA Board. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me by email: chris...@bethel.edu or through Facebook Messenger: https://www.facebook.com/chris.argo. If you would prefer a phone conversation, please contact me by one of these methods and I’ll be happy to schedule a time for us to talk.

RUSA is a terrific organization that has a lot to offer all of us. I’m quite excited about what the RUSA Board has accomplished in the last couple of years. I look forward to seeing where we are going and the innovations that are ahead in the coming years and decades. Let’s all work together to keep RUSA moving forward and being a blessing to all of us.

Chris Argo

RUSA 11707

RUSA Board Candidate Statement-Argo.pdf