ibex wool jersey replacment suggestions

Geoff Hazel

Dec 31, 2023, 7:29:58 PM12/31/23
to Randonneurs USA
I have an Ibex merino wool long sleeve cycling jersey  (size L) that is ready for replacement.  The under-arm areas are full of large holes (no wisecracks please).

I'm ready to buy a replacement and would like to find something as similar in fit and insulation as this one.  It's been my go-to winter riding jersey.

Paul Toigo

Dec 31, 2023, 10:18:58 PM12/31/23
to Randonneurs USA
I like my cycling jerseys, whatever the material or sleeve length, to had the traditional 3 rear pockets. I know of 3 sources of such long-sleeve, merino wool jerseys: Walz Caps, Pedaled, and Rodeo Labs. The Walz jersey is very club cut. The other 2 are more of a race cut.

Erik Snow

Dec 31, 2023, 10:24:51 PM12/31/23
to Geoff Hazel, Randonneurs USA
I've been very happy with Cima Coppi gear. Not the cheapest but they are high quality, good about customizing fit if necessary, and seem to have good labor practices and supply chain approaches to reduce waste.