There's a New Drink Mix in Town....

Dan Driscoll

Nov 8, 2022, 10:47:16 AM11/8/22
to Randon, Randonneurs USA
Randos,

A fellow Randonneur, Andrew Adere, RUSA #13914, started a sports nutrition company, “Geluminati", they are currently selling a powdered endurance drink mix, of carbs and electrolytes. It's working great for the long riding we do. It nets 240 kcal / 60g carbs per bottle, along with 420mg sodium, and some potassium and magnesium.

The real delight, is how light it is - both in taste and on your tummy. I’ve used this product for months and on many long Hot rides this year, with zero issues. When I’m pushing on the bike, solid food is annoying to get down, this drink mix goes down easy and works well for a more constant flow of calories and electrolytes, than what I can get with solid food and pills.

One thing that sets this mix above simple surgery mixes, is the use of a new type of complex carb, highly branched cyclic dextrin (HBCD), as its main ingredient. This carb is formed of incredibly long chains of glucose, it's property allows it to clear the stomach quickly and then break down slowly in the intestine. It eliminates the gut distress, that I get with Maltodextrin. Even with all the energy and electrolytes, the HBCD allows the mix to be hypo-tonic, which means the drink is still going to be hydrating even with 60gms of carbs, per bottle.

On top of using this new type of carb for its useful properties, the mix also uses the 1:0.8 glucose:fructose ratio that research has shown to be most effective in reducing gut distress and increasing carbohydrate processing (how many calories you can digest in an hour). I’m a fan of a combination of High Glycemic simple sugars and complex carbs.

If you are not thrilled with your current drink mix, I'd recommend giving this a shot. Shipping can give a bit of sticker shock but it doesn't go up much if you buy multiple bags at once, and if you buy 10 the 10th is free. After testing with the first bag, I bought 10 at a time for the economy. Maybe get a few buddies to go in on the first try?

The website is www.geluminati.com  and you can email Andrew at in...@geluminati.com with questions, he’s been super helpful to me. If you decide to give Andrew’s product a try, please email him and let him know you are a Randonneur, it’s our hope that we can get him as an advertiser in the American Randonneur Magizine ;=)

DanD

Dan Driscoll

Nov 8, 2022, 10:51:53 AM11/8/22
to Randon, Randonneurs USA
Sorry, remove the www.   From the web link below to get it to work…..

Andrew Adere

Nov 8, 2022, 11:26:13 AM11/8/22
to Dan Driscoll, Randon, Randonneurs USA
All,

Website is geluminati.com, the www. is mucking things up currently.

Thanks Dan!

Andrew

Joshua Haley

Nov 9, 2022, 1:26:04 PM11/9/22
to Randonneurs USA
Andrew,

 Do you sell any sample-sized packs?  I'd like to try it out before I commit.  I hate wasting extra stuff if I don't have to.

Josh

Andrew Adere

Nov 9, 2022, 2:11:31 PM11/9/22
to Joshua Haley, Randonneurs USA
Joshua,

I can do a 1/4 kg bag for $10 + shipping. We don't currently have nice bags and labels for this size so it'll be in a ziploc bag with a logo and nutrition facts taped to it.

If that works for you, send me a direct email with your address and I can check what shipping will be.

Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew Adere

Nov 25, 2022, 11:44:40 AM11/25/22
to Randonneurs USA
Hey y'all, Geluminati has our first Black Friday sale on right now -  get free shipping when you buy 3 or more bags of our Endurance Drink Mix. The sale runs today thru Monday, 11/28. Promo code: BLACKFRIDAY22  www.geluminati.com

If you're interested in trying the mix out at a lower cost commitment, I can do $10 1/4kg bags which is about 4 doses, and shipping on those has typically run about $5.

I've got pouches for the 1/4kg bags but the smaller labels are still a work in progress so they're not available on the store yet - just send me an email here if you're interested.

Full mailchimp announcement here

Thanks and thank you to everyone who's bought some! Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

Andrew