Bike setup

Devin Quince

Nov 19, 2021, 1:42:31 PM11/19/21
to randon
Howdy all,
I picked up a new Trek 920 as a Covid present versus a dog and am looking at using it for getting back into riding some brevets and I am looking for advice on setup. It is more of an adventure versus sporty bike, so think sporty SUV versus BMW, but I love the way she rides and I will never be an eagle, so point in shaving grams :)
Anyone else running a 920 or like type bike and have any ideas on bags, gear, etc.? I am looking at getting another set of inexpensive wheels for running smaller tires on, but any other info would be helpful.
Gute Fahrt,

If being a city planner and a daily cyclist makes one a "biased bike advocate", then every planner & engineer who drives daily is a biased automobile advocate.

"If you design a city for cars, it fails for everyone, including drivers. If you design a multi-modal city, it work better for everyone, including drivers" - Brent Toderian

“We found that if you make more road space, you get more cars. If you make more bike lanes, you get more bikes. If you make more space for people, you get more people and of course then you get public life.”

“A person on a $30 bike is just as important as a person in a $30,000 car.” Enrique Penalosa

"If you have no choice but to drive everywhere, you haven’t failed, your city has failed you.

Transit isn’t just about buses and trains, it’s about designing a city that works for everyone and that is more walkable and accessible"

“Places for people flip the road hierarchy and tell motorists that they are the guests.” - @JSadikKhan

Why is building bike lanes considered “trying to force people out of their cars and onto bikes” but not building bike lanes isn’t considered “trying to force people off their bikes and into cars?” “Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.”

-          H.G. Wells