Re: [Randon] Digest for randon@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

lonnie oldairhead.com

Dec 18, 2022, 4:29:23 PM12/18/22
to ran...@googlegroups.com
I second the opinion offered by Emily. Why try to fix something that is not broken?

Dec 19, 2022, 1:15:40 PM12/19/22
to randon
On Sunday, December 18, 2022 at 1:29:23 PM UTC-8 Epic Wolff wrote:
I second the opinion offered by Emily. Why try to fix something that is not broken?

French riders at PBP are often surprised by what they see as U.S. riders' penchant for ~1940's-inspired Rando bicycles. They're not broken, but many French riders find that sort of bicycle choice to be heavy and cumbersome, and poorly-suited to the task, compared to contemporary options.

Perhaps that image is reinforced by us using 1940's French language, too?

Your choice!

-Greg, who appreciates the properties and history of his steel frame, but enjoys the appropriateness of his carbon fork & cranks