PBP 2003 article

Dan Driscoll

Oct 25, 2021, 6:24:55 PM10/25/21
to Randon
Could use some help, my google searching is not that fruitful.

Looking for an article about PBP 2003, written by RUSA #4454 Isabel BrackbillThe oldest American women to finish PBP that year….. about her trials and conquest.

RUSA published it somewhere, but I’m still looking ;=)

DanD

Mike Sturgill

Oct 25, 2021, 7:02:24 PM10/25/21
to Dan Driscoll, Randon
Hi Dan,

It looks like it's published in this RUSA 2003 Yearbook by Bill & Lois. I don't see it in the RUSA store, or anywhere on the site. Here is a reference with Isabel's story. I'm sure that Bill or Lois will have more info.
https://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/pbp/books-collections/rusa-yearbook-pbp2003.html

-Mike

C Bell

Oct 25, 2021, 9:17:45 PM10/25/21
to Mike Sturgill, Dan Driscoll, Randon
Dan and Mike
I’m following this post with interest.  The 2003 RUSA Yearbook was my first real intro to long distance brevets. I read and re-read every article many times. I couldn’t believe anyone could ride so far!! Those stories were responsible for me believing I too could ride PBP four times.
I lost my copy somewhere over the years of house moves and downsizing. If anyone has a copy they no longer need/want, I would gladly buy it.  I would love to read it again.

Thanks
Carol Bell
RUSA 2293

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 25, 2021, at 6:02 PM, Mike Sturgill <mikest...@cox.net> wrote:

 Hi Dan,

Dan Driscoll

Oct 25, 2021, 10:29:46 PM10/25/21
to C Bell, Mike Sturgill, Randon
Carol, thank you!!!!

I’m in that same boat ;=)

That 2003 PBP Yearbook, was certainly so very special, it would be great to have it available to all of RUSA again.

DanD

Mike Sturgill

Oct 26, 2021, 12:23:53 AM10/26/21
to Dan Driscoll, C Bell, Randon
I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to the BC Randonneur's web master, Eric Fergusson. He has put together the best collection of PBP related info and links that I've seen.

Here is the link to the main PBP page: https://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/pbp/main.html
Here is a list of 2003 stories, specifically. He has the stories categorized by year. https://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/pbp/stories/stories_2003.html

You could spend weeks going thru all of the material there.

Enjoy!
-Mike