Kogel Ceramic Detailer Pulleys?

Joshua Haley

Nov 16, 2023, 8:24:55 AM11/16/23
to randon

Has anyone used ceramic hybrid derailleur pulley wheels made out of Aluminum?Does their longevity and service interval and life meet the manufacturer's claims?  I know the Shimano OEM pulleys are good enough, and I really don't care even if it manifested a "free" 1watt advantage.  I need a new set, and I like the bling factor, but I don't want to "upgrade" to a set of pulleys that turn to dust after 3000 miles or seize up unexpectedly.

So I'm coming from a position where I don't need to be convinced it's better, but other than cost, are there additional downsides?  This would be going in an R8000 Di2 derailleur.

Josh