Sidi Dominator 7 Mega shoes

James Bondra

Oct 13, 2021, 10:06:34 AM10/13/21
to ran...@googlegroups.com

Do any of you use these shoes? I have a D width fit but find my feet sometimes swell and would like the option to use a heavier sock for Fall and Spring weather. I have been using Lake MX 237’s for the past 6 years but yesterday one of the boa dials broke inside where it is attached to the leather near the top of the shoe. I am going to try to expoxy the plastic piece that broke but am not hopeful that it will hold.  I can get a pair Sidis from my local shop. I know that the sole is not as stiff as the Lakes which are carbon fiber.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. Finding shoes these days is not easy due to supply chain issues. I got a great deal on the Lakes when I bought them but am a bit reluctant to spend $300 + on a new pair.

Jim

Tim Foon Feldman

Oct 13, 2021, 11:38:35 AM10/13/21
to James Bondra, ran...@googlegroups.com
If the failure on your existing Lake shoes is part of the Boa piece then I suggest you contact Boa for a replacement. If it's not the dials themselves, they may still be able to provide spare parts.
"You can order a free repair kit under The BOA Guarantee and repair your gear at home. The repair kits include replacement laces and dials compatible with your system."

Eric Peterson

Oct 13, 2021, 2:10:38 PM10/13/21
to randon
Jim,

I too have a wide foot. I've used Sidi Mega (MTB) shoes for years and have been very satisfied with them.
My initial pair was a bit small for longer rides, but I went up a size and that was a big improvement.

Eric