Pier Review ACP 200K on January 8, 2022!

Stacy Kline

Dec 29, 2021, 2:58:28 PM12/29/21
to PCH Randos, San Francisco Randonneurs, sdrando, randon subscribers
Hey everyone!

Greg Kline and I are hosting the "Pier Review 200K" (Greg's fun coastal route past 5 ocean piers) as an ACP ride with PCH Randos on Saturday, January 8, 2022, at 6:30am.

We are starting the ride at 6:30am so that most riders will be able to start and finish the ride in daylight! Bring reflective gear and lights just in case, but it will be possible to finish this delightful route entirely in daylight. Most of the route is off-street and I cannot recommend following Greg's route highly enough because everyone has seen PCH, but have you pedaled for 20 miles right on the ocean? 🌊 Are you really in that much of a hurry? Why not stop and smell the sea salt? 🤔 You will see some of the amazing local birdlife, possibly our pair of bald eagles! 🦅

I checked with our amazing RBA, Kerin Huber, and she confirmed that 6:30am starts civil twilight and 5:30pm concludes civil twilight on that date. 🙌

There are loads of places to eat along the route with the first turn-around at mile 34 at a Starbucks (next door to a Taco Bell).

Looking for overnight lodging? There are many choices this time of year because it is low-season in Balboa.

I like to blog on Strava and you can check out the route. We ride it every month as we home-in on our Ultra R-12 in Spring 2023!

Hope to see you there, just checked the weather and it looks like it will be a sunny day!

Best regards,