Boxer Bicycles?

Russell Noble

Jul 31, 2013, 1:41:53 AM7/31/13
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone might know if Boxer Bicycles of Seattle are still in business? It's a long shot but efforts to contact them have been fruitless, and being on the wrong side of the Pacific I can't just drop by...

Cheers,
Russell
Audax Australia Member

Dan Boxer

Aug 1, 2013, 6:52:57 PM8/1/13
to Russell Noble, ran...@googlegroups.com
Hi Russell,

Thank you for your inquiry about the status of Boxer Bicycles. I am sorry that I have been difficult to contact of late. I have been dealing with some health issues, which has limited my ability to remain in regular communication with Boxer Bicycles clients.
I hope to have this resolved soon and will return to more regular communications.
I appreciate your continued patience and support.

Best,
Dan Boxer
Boxer Bicycles
SIR/RUSA member
Seattle

Michael_S

Dec 22, 2013, 1:13:27 AM12/22/13
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Is there any update on this? I've tried contacting Dan a few times with no reply

Mike

daraprim

Jan 6, 2014, 8:36:08 PM1/6/14
to ran...@googlegroups.com
I also have not heard back from Dan since August 1, 2013 despite several attempts at communication.

Michael_S

Jan 7, 2014, 9:33:14 PM1/7/14
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Just some facts about the current situation. A  few of us have deposit's in with Boxer for his Brevet series 650B frameset. He has not responded to any emails since August of this year despite numerous attempts. A certified letter sent to his business address was forwarded to another address in December and notification left. The letter was never picked up.  We are hopping that someone who knows Dan can help us find out what is happening so we can get us some further information.

~mike
Carlsbad Ca.

daraprim

Jan 12, 2014, 12:40:41 AM1/12/14
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone received a bike from Dan Boxer Bicycles in 2013?

Is there anyone else reading this group, wherever you are, that placed an order for a bike from Dan Boxer in 2013, Brevet series or otherwise, and never received a bike?

Has anyone heard if he has declared bankruptcy for Boxer Bicycles?

Continued attempts to contact Dan Boxer have been unsuccessful.

NickP

Jan 12, 2014, 2:01:12 PM1/12/14
to ran...@googlegroups.com
I also have been unable to reach him since August.  I have a pending deposit for the Brevet series.  It would be very helpful for us if anyone in Seattle who may know Dan could provide some information.

Joel Niemi

Jan 13, 2014, 1:54:28 PM1/13/14
to ran...@googlegroups.com
For what it is worth, Boxer Bicycles LLC is listed as "active" on the State of Washington Secretary of State's corporations page. Current through 3/31/2014.

Joel Niemi / Snohomish, Washington

daraprim

Jan 13, 2014, 8:45:50 PM1/13/14
to ran...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for looking into that for us Joel. So it sounds like he has not purposefully closed business yet.

hughgs

Jan 13, 2014, 8:59:05 PM1/13/14
to daraprim, ran...@googlegroups.com

If WA is anything like NC the fact that the Secretary of State still lists
the business as active is not an indication of whether his business is
open or closed.

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, daraprim wrote:

> Thanks for looking into that for us Joel. So it sounds like he has not
> purposefully closed business yet.
>
> --

George S. Hugh
(302) 530-9335
hug...@duke.edu

Gerry

Jan 13, 2014, 11:07:33 PM1/13/14
to hughgs, daraprim, ran...@googlegroups.com
Exactly. I wouldn't place any value in an SOS's status. It only means that his mandated filings are up to date and those are only due yearly I believe. Sometimes, you can gleam useful contact-type information from those filings. Check to see what they have posted online. Most states do a pretty good job at providing access.

I hope this ends well for those sent him money but not responding or being available aren't good signs.

Regards,
Gerry

Joel Niemi

Jan 14, 2014, 1:58:16 PM1/14/14
to Gerry, hughgs, daraprim, ran...@googlegroups.com
My comment was meant entirely as "FWIW".  From the filing and renewal dates, as Gerry said, we can deduce that Boxer paid the nominal fee by March, last year.

There was a question about "has he gone bankrupt" -- my quick search didn't find news on that, nor any filing with the SOS to indicate that the LLC was being discontinued.  The latter is what the "active" status relates to.

There is a street address in the SOS information.  And, there was a post somewhere from him to the effect "I'm working through some health issues and look forward to building bicycles again soon".  Hope that is coming to pass.

-- Joel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "randon" group.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/randon.

Aric Gregson

Jan 14, 2014, 2:02:49 PM1/14/14
to Joel Niemi, Gerry, hughgs, ran...@googlegroups.com
Joel Niemi <jniemia...@gmail.com> writes:

> My comment was meant entirely as "FWIW". From the filing and renewal
> dates, as Gerry said, we can deduce that Boxer paid the nominal fee by
> March, last year.

I appreciate very much you looking into this, as it is more difficult
for those of us not in Washington state. At this point, any information
feels better than no information.

aric
--
~O