LEL '22

Jonathan

Jan 13, 2022, 9:00:53 AM1/13/22
to randon
Any hints or thoughts on lodging around LEL this year?

We enjoyed our AirBnB in Versailles for PBP '19 and might look for similar or lower cost hotel near the Debden start.  I enjoyed having a base camp in which to just leave all of my accoutrement during the ride + a base for Jamye to do touristy-things from before working the finish controle.

(Although this time, Jamye volunteered for a few days of work, so she might not use the room much either!)

-Jonathan
Cleveland, OH

Robbie Fargo

Jan 13, 2022, 12:59:51 PM1/13/22
to randon
I've booked the Premier Inn Hotel in Chingford near the start. Low cost and bike friendly.

Scott

Jan 13, 2022, 7:01:19 PM1/13/22
to randon
After dropping off my bags at the school, I stayed at the Waltham Abbey Marriott. Quite a few other riders stayed there as well, but it's a bit isolated from other amenities.

If you want to stay closer to central London, you can take the rail from Liverpool Street Station to Chingford and then ride ~4.5 miles to the school.  There is a closer station, Debden, but you can only take bikes on the Central Line from Leyton station(~7mi outside central London) and north.

Stacy Kline

Jan 14, 2022, 10:18:52 PM1/14/22
to randon
Greg (Kline) and I rented an AirBnB in London in 2017. We took the train to check-in the day prior to the ride then took a cab the day of the ride!

We blogged about it here:
https://gregandstacyride.wordpress.com/2017/08/28/london-edinburgh-london-2017/

In 2017, they had the worst weather in the history of the ride and it still was fun, just super drenched and windy.

Great ride, good luck everyone!

Stacy & Greg Kline