Re: [Randon] Digest for randon@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

lonnie oldairhead.com

May 13, 2022, 2:45:20 PM5/13/22
to ran...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious as to how many people have lost their "proof" for a ride due to these kind of technical issues.

May 16, 2022, 11:11:10 AM5/16/22
to randon
In Ireland on calendar events you still have your brevet card with the list of controls to fill in, usually till receipts or photos. A gpx file is not required or requested for these events. We still have some old school riders that will just use a route sheet and odometer to get around. Since Covid, the organiser of the event will usually add or invite all the riders into a WhatsApp group and everyone submits photos at the controls that way. It's also a good way to see whereabouts people are on the route.
For the solo permanents photos at the controls will suffice instead of a gpx file. As an organiser of a permanent route, it does make it easier to verify the ride on Strava or rwgps but photos at controls will always do.
Regards,
Fintan Brewster