Fw: More on the Centenary rides/celebration & Sep-01 membership extension date

Martin Shipp

Sep 5, 2021, 9:31:17 PM9/5/21
to Randon Subscribers
Below is an extract of an email from RUSA Prez Dave Thompson in which he concisely defines that this year, in acknowledgement and to possibly help the Centenary celebration, new and renewal (after a gap) members that join on/after Sep-01, will have their membership extended thru the end of 2022.

So ... if you or someone you know has been thinking about joining RUSA for 2022, join now & also join the Sep-11 Centenary 200 ride.

The link to the RUSA membership join/renewal page is: ( https://rusa.org/pages/memberservices ).
The link to find links to the above mentioned Regions (and all others) is: ( https://rusa.org/cgi-bin/eventsearch_GF.pl ).

I figure everyone can figure out what to do if/when you get to either of the above web-pages.

Btw, the RUSA Board and savvy volunteers acted pretty quickly to make the change to Sep-01 for this year ONCE the idea was suggested to them. The seeming late implementation is because the suggestion was made rather later than one might have hoped -- but ideas don't always develop as early as hindsight might wish.

Enjoy the ride,
...Martin

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dave Thompson <tho...@pobox.com>
Date: August 31, 2021 at 8:24:18 AM CDT

Under normal circumstances a new member or renewal (after a gap) from October 1 through December 31 has their membership extended through the following year end.  This year, due to the centenary, we are using September 1 as the effective date.  We sent emails to most of those whose membership expired in 2018 through 2020 to let them know of the change.  That may or may not translate into some additional membership renewals and centenary ride demand.

Dave.