RUSA elections

Newbie

Nov 8, 2023, 12:52:43 PM11/8/23
to randon
With Election Day just passed, I thought I'd take a closer look at our own RUSA candidates for our own board elections. While I am very thankful for all the candidates and their willingness to accept their nominations, I was most intrigued by Phil Fox's work toward gamification of our sport (https://paniaguaracing.wordpress.com/2023/10/20/phil-fox-rusa-board-member-nominee/). There's been lots of talk over the years on the importance of growing and retaining membership at RUSA HQ, and the various platforms (Zwift, Strava, etc) are all trending towards gamification to help with their own membership retention. It seems that Phil has put an impressive amount of thought and work (just look at his fancy new graphics and improved workflow) on how we might get there, and I think his proposal is on the money.

Thoughts?