RANCID (DEBIAN) and Juniper SSG20 Firewalls

Yann Willaime

Nov 21, 2017, 8:29:23 AM11/21/17
to rancid-discuss
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to get rancid to work with Juniper SSG20 firewalls.
I've been using Rancid for ages with Cisco devices, never had any nasty surprises, but this time, I have a hard time configuring it right.

*/ router.db is like :
XX.XX.XX.XX:juniper:up

The log file diplays :

ERROR: XX.XX.XX.XX configuration appears truncated.
XX.XX.XX.XX : End of run not found
                 ^-------unknown keyword show

For the moment, I don't have any clues as to why this happens.
Any help would be gretly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Yann.

Yann Willaime

Nov 21, 2017, 9:30:44 AM11/21/17
to rancid-discuss
Well,
I finally found my brain, which was well hidden...
Of course Juniper SSG20 firewalls are indee netscreen firewalls, after fixing this in the router.db, all is well.
Sorry about the very silly question.

Yann.