cvsweb issue

Yann Willaime

Nov 22, 2017, 7:31:53 AM11/22/17
to rancid-discuss
Hi everyone,
Now rancid works fine, I have the config files and no errors on rancid logs.
Now I'm trying to setup cvsweb correctly in order to provide a GUI for exploitation teams.

cvsweb.conf looks like this :

@CVSrepositories = (
#       'local'   => ['Local Repository', '/var/lib/cvs'],
        'FIREWALLS' => ['FIREWALLS', '/home/rancid/var/rancid/CVS'],

But when accessing http://XX.XX.XX.XX/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ with a browser, I get the usual CVS webpage, but with no folders or files whatsoever.

apache user (www-data) and rancid are part of the same group (rancid), I even changed the rights for all the CVS folder and it's subfolders.

Again, I think I lack the system skills in order to diagnose this thoroughly, I analysed logs, followed best practices, now I'm stuck.
Thanks in advance.
Yann.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Yann Willaime

Nov 22, 2017, 7:50:08 AM11/22/17
to rancid-discuss
Guys, no need to bother searching, this was a rights issue, apparently, rancid base folder need to be set to
drwxrwxr-x

Now I cans see my folders.

Yann Willaime

Nov 22, 2017, 9:44:36 AM11/22/17
to Hugo Deprez, rancid-discuss
Hello Hugo,
Nice to hear from you :)
It was indeed a rights issue, apparently apache user www-data could not read the CVS, after fixing that, it works like a charm.

Many thanks for your answer.

Hello Yann,

long time no see :)
are you sure that apache user can browse the /home/rancid/var/ ?
This can be a permission issue.

Did you already collect some data in this CVS repository ?
I mean did you already backup some devices ?

Hugo

Hugo