Rancid set to send an email notification to date

Gines Granados Bayona

Jun 23, 2016, 12:27:13 PM6/23/16
to rancid-discuss

Hi , it was looking like rancid change settings to make a single shipment notification email every 24 hours. I use RANCID for all my network device config backups. For non critical networks, or execs that wanted to know what was going on it the network .

Greetings and thank you

Gines Granados Bayona

Jun 24, 2016, 3:31:36 AM6/24/16
to heasley, rancid-discuss
Hello, thank you very much for answering, if indeed it is, but not how to do it, I have to try several times but has not worked. I can say or gives an example. Greetings and thank you

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 09:27:13AM -0700, Gines Granados Bayona:
i think that you are wanting to mail a diff only once/24hrs.

1) collect only once per day
2) send diffs to a mail list that produces daily digests, then recipients can
   choose for themselves.
3) write a script for cron that pulls diffs from SCM for whatever interval you
   want.

--
Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. Puede contener información confidencial sometida a secreto profesional o cuya divulgación este prohibida, en virtud de la legislación vigente. No esta  permitida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la autorización previa y por  escrito del remitente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos nos lo  comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential or legally privileged information,  which may not be disclosed under current legislation. Any form of disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail is strictly prohibited, save with written authorisation . If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.