RAMBO September and October events and Trail Closures

1 view

JohnB

Sep 22, 2017, 6:40:35 AM9/22/17
to RAMBO-announce
Fellow Riders:

Welcome to FALL! It’s time for cooler weather (we hope) and long rides on the trails.

September and October are among our most busy times for RAMBO and our trails. Here is a quick list of all that’s happening:

SEPTEMBER:

September 23 & 24  BIG CREEK TRAIL CLOSURE NOTICE THIS SATURDAY and SUNDAY
Georgia Tech College Mountain Bike Races this Saturday and Sunday (September 23 and 24) at Big Creek. The MTB and Free Ride Trails will be CLOSED and only open to competitors. The Free Ride area will be open Sunday.  Spectators are welcome and you can offer to volunteer as well. (See attached event flyer)

September 25 RAMBO Chapter Meeting Monday at Taqueria Tsunami in Roswell. We will be discussing new trails, significant updates to the DJ area and more about planned fall events.

OCTOBER:

FALL FAMILY MTB FESTIVAL
October 7 at Big Creek Park - join RAMBO and local bike shops as we celebrate Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day with a festival full of Mountain Biking fun events and food. It’s RAMBO’s time to give back to the great biking community in Roswell, Alpharetta and Forsyth County.
We hold a number of fun events during the festival like a Kid’s Skills Clinic, Pump Track time trials, kid’s MTB time trial and much more. We start the event at 9:00 AM and finish up by 3:00 PM. RAMBO provides lunch for all (supplied by RAMBO expert chefs using our party grill). The event takes place in the lower lot of Big Creek Park and starts at 10:00 AM.

October 21 Yeti Demo sponsored by Fresh Bike Service at Big Creek.  This is the event Yeti lovers crave every year. Demo starts around 10, so get there early and get your Yeti on.

October 22  Trek Demo sponsored by Cycleworks / Atlanta Cycling at Big Creek. Demo starts around10.

October 23 - RAMBO Chapter Meeting location TBD - Keep you eyes on our web page at RAMBO-MTB.org.

28th - Xterra Trail Run at Big Creek. TRAILS CLOSED during the event. Event starts at 7 an ends by noon.  RAMBO could use some volunteers for this event, so contact us if you are interested.
Regards,
Your friends at RAMBO

RAMBO - We build the Trails You Ride… JOIN US!