Need some help with screen layout in my CRM application ... for Internet Explorer

ramaze-newbie

Oct 12, 2012, 4:49:03 PM10/12/12
to ram...@googlegroups.com
I have built a small CRM application to teach myselft Ramaze and Sequel.

The application is hosted at:

The active part of the screen is 800 pixels and I use various CSS commands to center the active region in a larger display.
The screen is centred with Firefox, Opera and Chrome but it is shifted to the left in Internet Explorer.
Does anyone have a quick fix for this problem?

Muhammet S. AYDIN

Oct 12, 2012, 5:31:05 PM10/12/12
to ram...@googlegroups.com
i don't know about your problem but it seems great. :) good luck. would you mind open sourcing it so they can add it to example apps?

Muhammet S. AYDIN

ramaze-newbie

Oct 12, 2012, 9:01:45 PM10/12/12
to ram...@googlegroups.com
It is currently available for download on Github. It is loosely modelled on FatFreeCRM for Rails.

Feedback and comments are welcome.

The Newbie ...

mhayden

Oct 13, 2012, 3:03:19 PM10/13/12
to ram...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want to deal with column layouts and browser incompatibilities you could use something like blueprint grids:

Then you just need to define how many grid slices you want to use with each panel with class names like class="prepend-2 span-8 append-2" etc. Or you could look at their css for tips.

ramaze-newbie

Oct 14, 2012, 9:08:57 AM10/14/12
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information on blueprintcss.org. It seems to solve many of the problems that I regularly struggle with.

While I did fix my IE problem with as simple CSS text align command, I will certainly begin experimenting with blueprintcss.

The Newbie

venkat

Jan 11, 2013, 2:19:09 PM1/11/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Twitter Bootstrap is a great option too. I have recently discovered it and was able to convert views for three controller to great looking UIs in a matter of few hours.

Michael Trommer

Jan 11, 2013, 4:35:13 PM1/11/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Bootstrap is simply awesome.

So far,
 -- Michael 'entropie' Trommer

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
  -- Oscar Wilde