Innate 2013.02

Yorick Peterse

Feb 7, 2013, 4:46:49 AM2/7/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Rubyists,

Last night Michael pushed a new release of Innate to RubyGems. This
release primarily fixes the issues of the previous one by reverting the
action caching mechanism and instead caching a few other bits (turned
off by default).

You can update Innate by running the following:

$ gem update innate

If you're using Bundler for Gem management you can also run the
following:

$ bundle update innate

The changelog is as following:

* Action caching has been removed as it proved too problematic, instead
method arities can now be cached as well as the list of provide
handlers. Both of these are not cached by default.
* The anchor helper has been modified to only include a "?" in the URL
if there actually are query string parameters present.
* render_full has been modified to preserve previous data such as the
session object.
* A bug has been fixed that would cause all middleware to be recompiled
every time a new middleware set was added.
* A bug has been fixed that would cause Innate to create a new
Rack::Builder instance on every request.

With this release we're also dropping support for Ruby Enterprise
Edition. REE was more or less disbanded already but we still had it
listed as one of the Rubies to test Innate on when using Travis CI.

A new version of Ramaze (containing some extra features and
documentation fixes) will be released later this week.

Yorick

Yorick Peterse

Feb 7, 2013, 7:36:35 AM2/7/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
It seems I forgot a rather crucial bit: how to turn on the two new
caching features.

These two features are controller using traits and thus allow you to
either globally enable it or only for a specific set of controllers.
These caches can be turned on as following:

class SomeController
trait :cache_provides => true
trait :cache_method_arities => true
end

Combining this with the `fast_mappings` trait (which can be enabled in a
similar way) you can get quite the performance boost. See the following
commit for more information:
https://github.com/Ramaze/innate/commit/d2aeb7f9107da739f155e626fce02807b888d112.

Yorick