Need a good tutorial

Sinan Talebi

May 30, 2013, 10:23:23 AM5/30/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just started learning ramaze and i think it is awesome but i need more resources. Ramaze documentation is not enough for a beginner. Maybe you can help me find an e-book, video tutorial or wider documentation.

Thanks

Roys Gmail

Jun 1, 2013, 10:37:00 PM6/1/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com, ram...@googlegroups.com
The best documentation is the source. Also read up on rack. Then your preferred templating and database libraries.

Keep in mind that the subtitle for Ramaze should be "No magic, just ruby". Which probably explains why there are not books about it. You're free to do your app the way you want to, not artificially bound by the framework (there are no this goes here and that goes there expectations, instead you just use ruby to get the job done).

Welcome aboard!

James Britt

Jun 16, 2013, 9:04:03 PM6/16/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
Roys Gmail wrote:
> The best documentation is the source. Also read up on rack. Then your preferred templating and database libraries.
>
> Keep in mind that the subtitle for Ramaze should be "No magic, just ruby". Which probably explains why there are not books about it. You're free to do your app the way you want to, not artificially bound by the framework (there are no this goes here and that goes there expectations, instead you just use ruby to get the job done).

OK, sure. But aren't there some things that people have found work well
or better then other things?

I don't see how reading the source gives you a suitable big picture
about actual use and application of the code.

Any way, there's this: http://ramaze.net/documentation/index.html

James

--

jamesbritt.com - Live curious
justthebestparts.com - Feed your head

desbest

Sep 11, 2013, 4:37:05 PM9/11/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
There were a couple of demo applications on Ramaze included in the download, particularly the blog one, but the developers decided to get rid of it.

desbest

Sep 11, 2013, 4:38:26 PM9/11/13
to ram...@googlegroups.com
You can find the demo apps here. It should be included with your download.