How can I run two ramaze apps on the same port?

desbest

Jan 6, 2017, 8:38:17 AM1/6/17
to Ramaze
Is there a way for me to run two ramaze apps on the same port, rather than to use the command line to run "ramaze start" and it run on port 7000.
A huge factor of why php is so popular, is that a wordpress blog and a phpbb forum can share the same account/space/port, but with ramaze each app is a port?
Is there a way to make multiple ramaze apps run on the same port or space?

Riku Räisänen

Jan 7, 2017, 10:26:44 PM1/7/17
to Ramaze
Hey,

Each PHP process requires it's own port as well. What you're looking for is a reverse proxy from one port to multiple ports running ramaze. mod_php does this automatically for PHP.

Hope this short explanation is of some  help, I don't have the time to get into more details right now.

Best,
Riku

James Britt

Jan 7, 2017, 11:44:14 PM1/7/17
to ram...@googlegroups.com
desbest wrote:
> Is there a way for me to run two ramaze apps on the same port, rather
> than to use the command line to run "ramaze start" and it run on port 7000.
> A huge factor of why php is so popular, is that a wordpress blog and a
> phpbb forum can share the same account/space/port, but with ramaze each
> app is a port?

That PHP site is serving different pages from different folders, all on
the same port. You can do the same with Ramaze.

> Is there a way to make multiple ramaze apps run on the same port or space?

Keep in mind that WP and phpBB are not apps in the same sense as Ramaze
apps when you are using "ramaze start".

"start ramaze" spins up an actual Web server, and that needs exclusive
use of a port.

In the case of PHP sites, that gets handled by (for example) modPHP (or
the like) with Apache.

An equivalent for Ramaze would by Passenger
(https://www.phusionpassenger.com/) for running multiple Rack-based
applications.

James Britt