Turbo C++ For Windows 10

Genna English

Jul 5, 2024, 7:52:10 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 5
to ramahicua

I upgraded from Windows 7, but I still kept a copy of Windows 7 and all my files on a separate hard drive, which utilizes Turbo Boost Technology to it's full potential of 3.61 Ghz. Yet when I use my Windows 10 hard drive the processor will not go higher than it's standard out of the box speed of 3.33 Ghz.

I have faith that there IS a way to unlock the TB! Its funny, I just switched back to my other WD hard drive and W7 and it's turbo boost all day on the monitor and CPU-Z! But when I boot up my W10 HD its stopped like 75% of the way up the monitor. what a drag.

As I stated in my earlier post I have CPU-Z and its not going higher than 3.33 Ghz. But in Windows 7 I can get it up to 3.61 Ghz with Turbo Boost. So like, it's really not supported on Windows 10? Geez guys what a drag...

I think you need to be more specific here, since the Intel 7 series chipsets can support both 2nd Generation (Sandy Bridge) and 3rd Generation (Ivy Bridge) Mainstream processors.The Intel 6 series chipsets can work with both the 2nd Generation (Sandy Bridge) and 3rd Generation (Ivy Bridge) Mainstream processors.

Given what has been reported here, it seems to me that Intel processors with Intel Turbo Boost Technology 1.0, are the ones that may not have Turbo boost working, when used with Windows 10. Starting with the 2nd Generation Intel processors, aka Sandy Bridge processors, Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 began being used, instead of Turbo Boost 1.0. The i7-975 used by the OP uses Intel Turbo Boost Technology 1.0, and of course an earlier chipset.

Personally, I would never use CPU-Z as a monitoring tool for checking Turbo boost. CPU-Z displays one CPU/Core frequency, which is inadequate for monitoring Turbo boost. This applies to non-over clocked processors only. Turbo boost does not allow all the cores in a processor to run at the maximum Turbo boost frequency at the same time. Normally only one of the processor cores is allowed to operate at the maximum Turbo frequency. Two processor cores can run at one or two "bins" down from the maximum Turbo frequency. When all the cores in a processor are at high load, they will then all operate at the base clock speed of that processor, without any Turbo boost.

If you want see what your processor cores are running at most of the time, use IXTU or HWiNFO64. The latter will show all of your processor core speeds simultaneously in one display,as well as the core multipliers. Windows own processor speed display is also inadequate for monitoring Turbo boost.

Also, I am skeptical that Windows 10 is preventing Turbo 1.0 from working correctly. If it really is, that is more likely due to an out of date Intel Management Engine software being used in the Windows 10 installation. Turbo control belongs to the processor, not the OS. Multi-tasking and multi-threading belongs to the OS and software. Given how long Windows 10 has been with us, are we only now noticing an issue like this? Or is this a new issue with Windows 10 Anniversary?

Intel does not verify all solutions, including but not limited to any file transfers that may appear in this community. Accordingly, Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.

GPT-4o is the latest model from OpenAI. GPT-4o integrates text and images in a single model, enabling it to handle multiple data types simultaneously. This multimodal approach enhances accuracy and responsiveness in human-computer interactions. GPT-4o matches GPT-4 Turbo in English text and coding tasks while offering superior performance in non-English languages and vision tasks, setting new benchmarks for AI capabilities.

GPT-4 Turbo is a large multimodal model (accepting text or image inputs and generating text) that can solve difficult problems with greater accuracy than any of OpenAI's previous models. Like GPT-3.5 Turbo, and older GPT-4 models GPT-4 Turbo is optimized for chat and works well for traditional completions tasks.

To deploy the GA model from the Studio UI, select GPT-4 and then choose the turbo-2024-04-09 version from the dropdown menu. The default quota for the gpt-4-turbo-2024-04-09 model will be the same as current quota for GPT-4-Turbo. See the regional quota limits.

See model versions to learn about how Azure OpenAI Service handles model version upgrades, and working with models to learn how to view and configure the model version settings of your GPT-4 deployments.

We don't recommend using preview models in production. We will upgrade all deployments of preview models to either future preview versions or to the latest stable/GA version. Models designated preview do not follow the standard Azure OpenAI model lifecycle.

GPT-3.5 models can understand and generate natural language or code. The most capable and cost effective model in the GPT-3.5 family is GPT-3.5 Turbo, which has been optimized for chat and works well for traditional completions tasks as well. GPT-3.5 Turbo is available for use with the Chat Completions API. GPT-3.5 Turbo Instruct has similar capabilities to text-davinci-003 using the Completions API instead of the Chat Completions API. We recommend using GPT-3.5 Turbo and GPT-3.5 Turbo Instruct over legacy GPT-3.5 and GPT-3 models.

1 This model will accept requests > 4,096 tokens. It is not recommended to exceed the 4,096 input token limit as the newer version of the model are capped at 4,096 tokens. If you encounter issues when exceeding 4,096 input tokens with this model this configuration is not officially supported.

text-embedding-3-large is the latest and most capable embedding model. Upgrading between embeddings models is not possible. In order to move from using text-embedding-ada-002 to text-embedding-3-large you would need to generate new embeddings.

In testing, OpenAI reports both the large and small third generation embeddings models offer better average multi-language retrieval performance with the MIRACL benchmark while still maintaining performance for English tasks with the MTEB benchmark.

The third generation embeddings models support reducing the size of the embedding via a new dimensions parameter. Typically larger embeddings are more expensive from a compute, memory, and storage perspective. Being able to adjust the number of dimensions allows more control over overall cost and performance. The dimensions parameter is not supported in all versions of the OpenAI 1.x Python library, to take advantage of this parameter we recommend upgrading to the latest version: pip install openai --upgrade.

This article primarily covers model/region availability that applies to all Azure OpenAI customers with deployment types of Standard. Some select customers have access to model/region combinations that are not listed in the unified table below. For more information on Provisioned deployments, see our Provisioned guidance.

You need to speak with your Microsoft sales/account team to acquire provisioned throughput. If you don't have a sales/account team, unfortunately at this time, you cannot purchase provisioned throughput.

The NEW gpt-35-turbo (0125) model has various improvements, including higher accuracy at responding in requested formats and a fix for a bug which caused a text encoding issue for non-English language function calls.

GPT-3.5 Turbo is used with the Chat Completion API. GPT-3.5 Turbo version 0301 can also be used with the Completions API, though this is not recommended. GPT-3.5 Turbo versions 0613 and 1106 only support the Chat Completions API.

See model versions to learn about how Azure OpenAI Service handles model version upgrades, and working with models to learn how to view and configure the model version settings of your GPT-3.5 Turbo deployments.

text-embedding-3-large is the latest and most capable embedding model. Upgrading between embedding models is not possible. In order to migrate from using text-embedding-ada-002 to text-embedding-3-large you would need to generate new embeddings.

babbage-002 and davinci-002 are not trained to follow instructions. Querying these base models should only be done as a point of reference to a fine-tuned version to evaluate the progress of your training.

For Assistants you need a combination of a supported model, and a supported region. Certain tools and capabilities require the latest models. The following models are available in the Assistants API, SDK, Azure AI Studio and Azure OpenAI Studio. The following table is for pay-as-you-go. For information on Provisioned Throughput Unit (PTU) availability, see provisioned throughput.

Intel continues to push the turbo power limits higher and higher, which means more heat and noise when the CPU enters high turbo boost states. The CPU does adjust its speed dynamically based on load, but it is (IMO) a bit too eager to hop to high turbo boost speeds when the workload does not call for it. Web browsing / office workloads do not really need turbo boost speeds, and there may be times when you would be willing to sacrifice speed for quiet. You can save yourself some power/heat/noise by having the CPU run at the base clock speed.

So, here are a few tricks that you can use to enable and disable turbo boost on the fly. I personally run my laptops with turbo boost disabled, using one of these methods, and I flip turbo boost on only if I need additional CPU power (maybe gaming, intense database work, or some other kind of number crunching).

I have a few different methods for this, and I will lay them out sort of from least complex to most complex (...and, they build on each other to some degree). For most people, I think that the first method will work fine.

Side note: If you do not see these power options, then you most likely are running Windows 10 on a system that supports modern standby. This page has a PowerShell script that you can run as administrator to restore these options. You can just copy/paste it into a PowerShell window running elevated. Thanks to @heikkuri for pointing me to this. I'm also including the script here in case something happens to that page...

03c5feb9e7